I’ve recently been researching crystals and the powers that they have. Talk about overwhelming haha! There are so many different kinds out there and they all help with different things. I had recently found a blog that often shares knowledge on some different crystals, the first one I came across on that page was Black Tourmaline. Once I started reading about the different powers Black Tourmaline holds, I knew this was to be my first crystal. I started looking at some of the local shops and on some Etsy shops. Nothing was connecting with me that said I had found my piece. When I was recently on vacation, I came across a crystal shop. I looked around and didn’t see any Black Tourmaline. Something was telling me to just ask someone who worked there rather than hunting all over myself. The owner pulled out a Black Tourmaline necklace that wasn’t set out yet. This was my piece. I’m not an expert on crystals, but I could feel it.
Black Tourmaline is a crystal associated with protection, grounding, health, happiness, luck and positivity. Considered by many to be the most powerful and protective crystal and it is one of the only crystals that protects and heals on all levels – physical, emotional, mental and spiritual.
Healing powers of Black Tourmaline
- Protects from negative energies. It takes negative energies of all kinds, including thoughts and transforms them into positive energies.
- Relieves stress and anxiety
- Promotes detoxification
- Increases alertness
- Improves metabolism
- Improves self-confidence
- Grounds energies – associated with root chakra
- Balances and clears chakras and aura.
- Absorbs negative energy. This stone absorbs negative energy and psychic attacks that are directed towards you, and sends that energy back to the sender (talk about being a karma stone).
I’ve been wearing my necklace for about a week, and I can honestly say I haven’t experienced any negative energies, maybe a small amount of anxiety, as my father was released from 5 years in federal prison yesterday and I fear him showing up at my door in rage. One of the main reasons I knew I needed this Black Tourmaline. I’ve felt very grounded and focused this last week.